About Me

I am a wife, mother and grandmother. I am a Christian and try to live as Jesus did.

Saturday, January 18, 2020

Star of Persia byJill Eileen Smith

This book is a fictionalized version of the Biblical account of Esther. The story is Biblically accurate but the fiction is in the expansion of the story. It gives a glimpse of what Esther's life may have been like in the day to day aspect and what it may have been like to live in the palace. At the end of the book, the author explains how she wove the Bible and history into this book.

The characters are very well developed and if feels like you get to know Esther and others on a more intimate plane. The story flows very well and it kept my interest throughout. Also, the editing was very well done and I was reading an ARC version provided to me through LibraryThing Early readers. With this said, this review is my own opinion and freely given.

I have enjoyed every book I've read that was written by Jill Eileen Smith and this was not disappointing in any way.  If you enjoy Biblical fiction, historical fiction, or just a good Christian novel, this book will not disappoint you. I give this book 5 out of 5 stars and would recommend it to my friends. This review is posted wherever available. https://mybooksiread.blogspot.com/2020/01/star-of-persia-byjill-eileen-smith.html

No comments:

Post a Comment