About Me

I am a wife, mother and grandmother. I am a Christian and try to live as Jesus did.

Thursday, October 3, 2019

A Distance Too Grand by Regina Scott

This is a well written Christian historical romance. The story is about settling the west and trying to cross or circumvent the Grand Canyon. The main characters are Meg and Ben and the love story part is pretty well the standard plot. She's independent and he's in love. There was also a bit of mystery in the book, that's what I sort of figured out early but not the details. The minor characters are also well developed. Some are fun, some serious, and of course, the bad guy.

I suspected the ending fairly early but that did not detract from the book. It was interesting the way it played out. The descriptions of the scenery were exceptionally well done. You can almost see the Grand Canyon. Like my grandson said, reading a book is like watching a movie in your mind and this was a very scenic movie!

This is the first in a series The American Wonders Collection. The book had a lot of interesting historical facts. The Christian aspect of the book was also well done. It showed how faith plays out in everyday life. A few Bible verses were quoted but it was not preachy in any way. I am looking forward to reading the next book in this series.

The editing was very well done. I mention this as poor editing can really detract from enjoying a very nice book.

I was thankful to be chosen to read and review this book. I was not required to give a positive review and this is my own opinion and freely given. Give this book 4 out of 5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment