About Me

I am a wife, mother and grandmother. I am a Christian and try to live as Jesus did.

Thursday, October 3, 2019

A Song of Joy by Lauraine Snelling

This is the fourth book in the series Under Northern Skies. I did not realize this was a series book when I requested it through Netgalley. Even though it was the last of a series, it was still a good standalone book. It would have been more interesting if I had read the first three books, but it was still interesting.

I have always enjoyed books by Lauraine Snelling and this did not disappoint. It was slow in some spots, a lot of description at times but this did not detract from the story. The characters were well developed and the plot was an easy read. It had a little bit of suspense when Nilda was being investigated but not a true suspense novel. It is more a love story, sweet and simple.

The editing was well done. That can make or break a book in my opinion. I hate having to re-read things to figure out the wrong words or punctuation.

This is a Christian book though not preachy. It does show the importance of depending on God. It is mostly a clean, no sexual content, love story. I freely give my review it is my own opinion and not forced in any way. I recommend this book and I give it 4 out of 5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment