About Me

I am a wife, mother and grandmother. I am a Christian and try to live as Jesus did.

Sunday, October 20, 2019

The Roll of the Drums by Jan Drexler

This is not your typical Amish love story. This is set during the Civil War and puts a new spin on the tried and true love story.

I liked reading the book and the author, though new to me, did a great job. The characters were well described and it felt like they were people you could meet and like. They felt real. The story flowed very well and did not bog down at all. In fact, I was kind of sad when it ended. There was a bit of the war in the book and it showed how Amish believe and act around war/violence. 

This is the second book in the series The Amish of Weaver's Creek. I did not read the first book but that did not matter at all. This is a good, stand-alone novel. I am looking forward to reading the rest of the series. The editing was well done and that is important to me.

I requested to read this book through the Revell Reads program. This review is freely given and my own, honest opinion. I am not required to write a positive review. I give this book 5 out of 5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment