About Me

I am a wife, mother and grandmother. I am a Christian and try to live as Jesus did.

Sunday, October 20, 2019

Valerie's Verdict by Hallee Bridgeman

I read this book as a member of the launch team. I enjoy reading Hallee Bridgeman, she does a great job and this book is not an exception to that. It is a good read and you will enjoy it.

The main characters were very well developed and came alive. They could be your neighbor or friend. The supporting characters were well done too, just not as in-depth as they were the minor players. The story flowed well. It drew you in immediately. It did not first give you a long, drawn-out scenario but put you right into the story with a lot of action and drama.

This is a love story, but also a book that looks at a couple of hard, social issues: abuse and inter-racial relationships. Both issues were addressed well and show the good and the bad.

I gave it 4 out of 5 stars because I felt it was a bit slow in a couple of areas but I truly enjoyed the book. I think you will like it also if you are looking for a modern-day romance. It is a Christian book and shows how a Christian should act but is not preachy at all.

I was given an ARC and this review is freely given and not required, it is my honest opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment