About Me

I am a wife, mother and grandmother. I am a Christian and try to live as Jesus did.

Friday, October 25, 2019

Stitches in Time by Suzanne Woods Fisher

This is not the first book I've read by Suzanne Woods Fisher and I hope it is not my last. I truly enjoyed reading Stitches in Time. It was towards the end of the book that the title made sense but that didn't detract from the book at all. This book is the second in the series The Deacon's Family. I did not read the first book and I wish I had but since many of the characters came from other series I'm not sure that would have helped. The characters were listed in the front of the book but they didn't help me understand things any better.

I do not give a synopsis in my review as that is found elsewhere and I figure you are reading this to know my opinion on the book. I liked the book. It is a typical Amish type book but very well written. Editing errors in a book can ruin it for me but there were no major errors and I don't remember minor issues either. The characters were well developed. I especially liked innocent Molly. The book bounces back and forth between two groups of people that do come together at times. There are two storylines going on also. At first, this was disconcerting but after a little but it did not bother me at all.

I'm not sure how I feel about the ending. It seemed to leave quite a few things unsettled but hopefully, these issues will be resolved in coming books.

I requested this book so I could read it and give my own, honest opinion. This opinion is my own and not required to be positive. I give this book a 4 out of 5 star rating. I will also post my review where this book is sold.

No comments:

Post a Comment